Friday, November 13, 2015

I Get That You are Mad

Dear Sweet One,

Maybe that is not how I addressed you earlier. Maybe I was frustrated because you were frustrated. Maybe I communicated that being heard was more important than hearing you.

Forgive me. I so wish I could do this perfectly, but I just can't.
Apparently I am just human.

I get that you are mad.

Where do we go from here? Ignore? Pretend?

Can we just look at each other and listen?

Tell me about how your day was ridiculous and you thought that nothing you did went well.
Look at me and see me look at you with compassion.

You are loved and accepted here. I'm sorry it was a rough day.

Let's begin again.

I love you forever,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that sometimes we need to start over in a day. Don't ignore, pout, punish with silence.

    ReplyDelete